本Script功能提供修正IE6對png圖檔的正常顯示,若您的瀏覽器不支援此項功能,也不影響你閱讀本網站資訊。
*
Homepage

 

09/20 (Mon)

Closed today.

*
Records of Guanxi Region
The development of Guanxi area began in 1791, when Wei Agui of Zhuqian Village arrived the east side of Xinpu. This collection comprises land records, personal contracts, licenses, and allotment agreements among devisees of the Zhang family of Hudu Village, as well as relevant documents about Wei Agui’s offspring. It is a source for understanding the development of Guanxi area, especially the developing trace of the Zhang family, the uniqueness of Hakka written language, and the early interactions between the plain aborigines and the Han settlers. Besides, these documents are precious for studying women’s life from the late Qing to the early Japanese colonial period.
*
Visiting the Dadaocheng Customers of Tai-yi-hou in Nagasaki through Time Traveling
Visiting the Dadaocheng Customers of Tai-yi-hou in Nagasaki through Time Traveling

The Chinese enterprise Tai-yi-hou in Nagasaki,was established in the beginning of the 20th century. Its commercial trade network crossed East-Asia including the treaty ports in Vladivostok, Korean Peninsula, coastline of China, Taiwan, Luzon, Malay Peninsula, etc. Tai-yi-hou’s customers were mainly Chinese merchants in Taiwan and Southeast Asia. Since Taiwan became the colony of Japan in 1895, the Japanese Government proactively increased economic and trade relationships between Japan and Taiwan. Within this context, Tai-yi-hou gained the upper hand in expanding its business to Taiwan with its advantageous location, language and culture.

Among all Tai-yi-hou Papers, approximately 17,000 commercial letters sent from Taiwan were preserved until today, and around 10,000 of which were sent from stores in Dadaocheng. In the 20th Century, Dadaocheng was the transshipment port where Taiwanese wholesalers imported and exported products, commodities and groceries. Today, strolling on Dihua Street and Yanping North Road, some of the shophouses have been transformed into modern buildings, and some have become historical monuments. The aged architectures remain in reminiscent ambiance. A few old houses reveal signs of enterprises formerly resided. Let’s travel back in time by following the clues left by old houses, commercial letters of Tai-yi-hou and relative historical references and visit Tai-yi-hou’s customers in Dadaocheng: Zhuang-yi-fang Store, Guo-yi-mei Store and Jin-tai-heng Store.


11F., South Wing, Building for Humanities and Social Sciences, 128, Sec. 2, Academia Rd., Nangang Dist., Taipei City 11529,
Taiwan Tel: +886-2-2652-5181 Fax: +886-2-2652-5184 【Contact us
Copyright © 2010 Institute of Taiwan History, Academia Sinica. All Rights Reserved