本Script功能提供修正IE6對png圖檔的正常顯示,若您的瀏覽器不支援此項功能,也不影響你閱讀本網站資訊。
*
Homepage

 

01/21 (Tue)

09:00 - 17:00

*
Records of Guanxi Region
The development of Guanxi area began in 1791, when Wei Agui of Zhuqian Village arrived the east side of Xinpu. This collection comprises land records, personal contracts, licenses, and allotment agreements among devisees of the Zhang family of Hudu Village, as well as relevant documents about Wei Agui’s offspring. It is a source for understanding the development of Guanxi area, especially the developing trace of the Zhang family, the uniqueness of Hakka written language, and the early interactions between the plain aborigines and the Han settlers. Besides, these documents are precious for studying women’s life from the late Qing to the early Japanese colonial period.
*
Reminisce the Century-old Stores Lin-fu-zhen Store and Qian-yuan Pharmacy on Dihua Street
Reminisce the Century-old Stores Lin-fu-zhen Store and Qian-yuan Pharmacy on Dihua Street

The first image of Dihua Street in Da-tong district, Taipei is an old street full of Chinese medicine shops, dried goods stores and fabric stores. Reminiscing the development of Dihua Street, it is located in an area called “Dadaocheng” which became a street in 19th Century. Foreign companies came to Tamsui and built their career after Tamsui Customs Wharf was established in 1860. The trading of tea activated the commercial developments in Dadaocheng area. In the end of the 19th Century, Dadaocheng became the trading hub in northern Taiwan. In the Japanese colonial period, comparing to the inner part of Taipei city where Japanese settled in, Dadaocheng, located outside the city, was an important spot where Taiwanese wholesaling groceries gathered. In the end of the 20th century, the once prosperous Dadaocheng gradually declined because the economic activities in Taipei city shifted eastward bit by bit as the city continued to develop. Through the dilemma between urban renewal and historical sites protection, Dihua Street, the core of Dadaocheng, has retrieved its historical ambiance by launching monument protection projects and establishing cultural activities sites. Although much has changed in the past hundred years, several old stores have withstood the test of time. In 2013, the Traveling in Time ExhibitionThe Chen Family’s Tai-yi-hou in Nagasaki, showcased the commercial letters between Japan and Taiwan. Through reading the correspondence, we are able to trace the commercial trading clues which were left by the century-old stores on Dihua Street of Dadaocheng.


11F., South Wing, Building for Humanities and Social Sciences, 128, Sec. 2, Academia Rd., Nangang Dist., Taipei City 11529,
Taiwan Tel: +886-2-2652-5181 Fax: +886-2-2652-5184 【Contact us
Copyright © 2010 Institute of Taiwan History, Academia Sinica. All Rights Reserved